Unplugged

The leaping, twisting and turning of my body as I dance releases all my worries. It energizes me, but at the same time, it drains me. Sometimes, I feel like I just need a break. I don’t dance all-day, everyday, but it does use up a lot of my time. I use every minute of my time not dancing wisely, but it’s still not enough time to get everything organized. My mom has signed me up for Kumon, and extra math class and a chinese school every week. I don’t see how she thinks I can handle all of this anymore!

Dancing is just like going to sleep or taking a shower: You never want to get into it, but once you’re there, you never want to get out. It’s the same process over and over. I just wish that I could control my life and the choices I make.

4 thoughts on “Unplugged

1. Perfect analogy about the shower–so true! (and a great use of a colon, too).

I’m also the mom who signed her daughter up for Kumon classes ;- ) I’m a believer in the Kumon way–I think it’s a great program! You don’t have to tell your mom I agree with her, though.

2. I really like this post! You had great voice, and great description, and I agreed to every word you said. Sometimes everything does feel overwhelming. You just need to wait a bit, everything will be fine. I can absolutely relate to the shower and sleep analogy also. Again, I enjoyed this post, you’re a great writer!