Week 2: Yogurt Planet

A bowl fresh fruit, yummy yogurt and chocolate chips. Mmmmmm! All these add up to the best-tasting frozen yogurt around town. Stop by the Hill Country Galleria for a refreshing snack that will brighten your day. There’s only one place in Austin that serves my favorite deliciously tasting healthy snacks—Yogurt Planet.

I love stopping by Yogurt Planet after the movies at around 11 pm. Well, I mean, I also like it because it’s the only store that’s actually open. All around the mall you see dimmed lights and locked doors, but at 11pm, Yogurt Planet is still full of hungry customers. One reason why Yogurt Planet is the place to be when you’re visiting Austin—it stays open until 11pm!

My favorite part about Yogurt Planet is that there many low-fat and organic flavors and toppings to choose from. Some might like the creativeness of cookies n cream, cake batter or cinnamon roll, while others just like to stick to the good ol’ vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or plain yogurt. Next, the toppings. Choose from oh-so-many chocolate candies, gummi worms, gummi bears, or just some chunks of fresh fruit. Lastly, the whipped cream. Splash on some pieces of peanuts, walnuts, cashews, or just twirl on infinite amounts of whipped cream and chocolate or caramel syrup. A variety of flavors and toppings to choose from is another reason why Yogurt Planet is one of the best stores in town.

The last of my top 3 favorites of Yogurt Planet would be the price. For all that fun and excitement packed in one bowl, $0.43 per ounce is a bargain! It’s pretty much like getting free whipped cream! 🙂 Blend all the different flavors and textures together for only $2! The price is the final reason why Yogurt Planet is Austin’s finest yogurt store.

In conclusion, Yogurt Planet is an awesome and fun little store to be in when visiting Austin on hot sunny day. It’s definitely a place to stop by when you feel you need a snack. So come one down, join the excitement and hang out with your friends!

2 thoughts on “Week 2: Yogurt Planet

1. Hi Anna,

I love froyo (frozen yogurt) too! Here in CA we have a chain called Yorugtland, it’s my favorite! I might go to Yogutland today, your post inspired me!

–Ms. Velasco